Where Are We Going? - OPEN CALL
THEME: Where Are We Going? Theme is Exuberance, Friendship, Kindness, Journeys/Travels, and ……..
ACCEPTING ENTRIES: Monday, July 29th - Monday, August 26th, 2019
EXHIBITION: Saturday, October 12th, 2019 - Saturday, January 25th, 2020
Opening Reception: Friday, October 18th, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GUIDELINES.
- IF YOUR ENTRY DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
- The sooner you apply, the better. Spots will be filled as art comes in and is accepted. Please apply properly and follow guidelines.
OPEN CALL FOR ALL MEDIUMS: VISUAL & FUNCTIONAL ART
- Visual & Functional Art
- 2D art & 3D art
- Painting, photography, printmaking, mixed media, fiber, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
- You create it! Fits the theme? Send it in!
HOW TO APPLY:
** PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES TO PROPERLY APPLY **
- Send email submission to Lynnie Goodman, Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven
- Email: Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com
- Subject line: Where Are We Going?- Artist Name
- Body of the Email: Artwork information
- Attachments: photos of artwork & photo of self
** REFER TO GUIDELINES BELOW FOR PROPER FORMAT **
MAXIMUM SIZE OF ARTWORK & TIME FRAME ARTWORK MUST BE CREATED
- 24" x 30" is the maximum size. (portrait or landscape orientation)
- Recommend submitting artworks of varying sizes.
- Artwork must be created in 2017-present
- Around $750.00 or below
- If your artwork exceeds $800.00, please email me at Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com to discuss.
- 50% goes to the artist / 50% goes to Art For The People
What are the benefits of exhibiting at Art for the People & why we receive 50% when your artwork is sold......
- Your art is beautifully curated in our gallery with an art tag that has detailed information about you and your artwork
- Gallery staff that is educated & knowledgable about art and "how" to sell art!
- Hundreds of eyes on your artwork each week when Art for the People is open regular hours (Weds thru Sun (12N-6pm) and for private events.
- 24/7 access to your artwork via our online store!!
- Special events created to showcase our current exhibition
HOW MANY PIECES CAN YOU SUBMIT?
- Minimum: 3 pieces / Maximum: 10 pieces
- Submit 2-3 photographs per art piece. (1st photo - piece hanging on wall with space, 2nd photo - side view, Optional 3rd photo - detail shot)
- Attach all images as an ATTACHMENT to the email (not in the body of the email)
- Refer to instructions below for proper labeling & attaching of photos.
- ** If you cannot attach all photos in one email, send a second email with additional photos and title your email subject line, " Where Are We Going? - Artist Name (Part 2) "
- ** We ask for these photos so that we can have them on our online portfolio and on our online store for sale. Please refer to our online store to see examples of art online in an exhibition. https://artforthepeople.vendecommerce.com/collections/exhibition-adventure-fantasy-fun
IMAGES of Artwork and photo of self:
- Crop & edit each photo before applying.
- Label each Art photo as: 1_First Name_Last Name_Title of piece_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 1a_Hallie Rae_Ward_Firefly_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 1b_Hallie Rae_Ward_Firefly_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 2a_Hallie Rae_Ward_Neon Grasses_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 2b_Hallie Rae_Ward_Neon Grasses_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Photo of Self: It can be a candid shot and casual. We have a digital picture frame that we feature the artists on.
- Photo of Self: Hallie Rae_Ward_Photo of self_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
ARTWORK TAG INFORMATION: (submitted in the body of the email)
- Submit the following artwork information, in this order, in the body of the email. (single space, not bullet pointed)
- Title of artwork
- Artist's Name
- Price (50% - artist / 50% - Art For The People)
- Meaning/inspiration of art piece
- GET TO KNOW THE ARTIST (please include minimum of 3 sentences about you! It can be serious or fun/whimsical, you can be wordy!)
- Please coordinate the artwork information and the photo attached with matching numbering.
Example of EMAIL ENTRY
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, please contact:
- Lynnie Goodman (Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven)
WHEN WILL WE LET YOU KNOW IF YOU WERE ACCEPTED OR NOT?
- We will let you know by the latest by Friday, August 30th
- We will send you an acceptance email.
- Artwork drop off: Wednesday, Oct. 2nd - Saturday, October 5th, 12:00-6:00pm
- Please send email to Lynnie Goodman letting us know when you will be dropping the piece/s off.
- Please have your artwork wired (with coated wire) or have one bracket. If sculptural or functional, please discuss with Lynnie before you come in.