Art of Celebration
CALL FOR ARTISTS! Group Exhibition!
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO GUIDELINES.
IF YOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
** The sooner you submit, the better. Spots will be filled as art comes in and is accepted. Please submit properly and follow guidelines. **
OPEN CALL FOR ALL MEDIUMS: Visual & Functional Art
- Visual & Functional Art
- 2D art & 3D art
- Painting, photography, printmaking, mixed media, fiber, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
- You create it! Fits the theme? Send it in!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- ** PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES TO PROPERLY SUBMIT **
- Send email submission to Lynnie Goodman, Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven
- Email: Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com
- Subject line: Art of Celebration - Artist Name
- Body of the Email: Artwork information
- Attachments: photo/s of artwork/s
- ** REFER TO GUIDELINES BELOW FOR PROPER FORMAT **
MAXIMUM SIZE OF ARTWORK & TIME FRAME ARTWORK MUST BE MADE?
- 40" x 40" is the maximum size. Recommend submitting artworks of varying sizes.
- Artwork must be created in 2017-present
- Around $750.00 or below
- If your artwork exceeds $800.00, please email me at Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com to discuss.
- 50% goes to the artist / 50% goes to Art For The People
- Art For The People is donating 5% to Share Art Heal
What are the benefits of exhibiting at Art for the People & why we receive 50% when your artwork is sold......
- Your art is beautifully curated in our gallery with an art tag that has detailed information about you and your artwork
- Gallery staff that is educated & knowledgable about art and "how" to sell art!
- Hundreds of eyes on your artwork each week when Art for the People is open regular hours (Weds thru Sun (12N-6pm) and for private events.
- 24/7 access to your artwork via our online store!!
- Special events created to showcase our current exhibition
HOW MANY PIECES CAN YOU SUBMIT?
- Minimum: 3 pieces / Maximum: 10 pieces
- Submit one photograph per art piece.
- Attach all images as an ATTACHMENT to the email (not in the body of the email)
- Refer to instructions below for proper labeling & attaching of photos.
- Attach all images as an ATTACHMENT to the email submission. (not in the body of the email)
- Attach one high resolution photo of each artwork submitted.
- Crop & edit each photo before attaching to email submission.
- Label each photo as: 1_First Name_Last Name_Title of piece_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 1_Hallie Rae_Ward_Firefly_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 2_Hallie Rae_Ward_Neon Grasses_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
ARTWORK TAG INFORMATION: (submitted in the body of the email)
- Submit the following artwork information, in this order, in the body of the email. (single space, not bullet pointed)
- Title of artwork
- Artist's Name
- Price (50% - artist / 50% - Art For The People)
- Meaning/inspiration of art piece
- GET TO KNOW THE ARTIST (please include minimum of 3 sentences about you! It can be serious or fun/whimsical, you can be wordy!)
- Please coordinate the artwork information and the photo attached with matching numbering.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, please contact:
- Lynnie Goodman (Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven)
WHEN WILL WE LET YOU KNOW IF YOU WERE ACCEPTED OR NOT?
- We will let you know by the latest by Friday, December. 14th.
- (The end of the Open Call is Saturday, December 8th)
- We will send you an acceptance email.
- Artwork drop off: Wednesday, January 23rd - Saturday, January 26th, 12:00-6:00pm
- Please send email to Lynnie Goodman letting us know when you will be dropping the piece/s off.
- Please have your artwork wired or have one bracket. We like to make art as easy as possible, if possible, for the customers. If sculptural or functional, please discuss with Lynnie before you come in.