Art of Celebration
THEME: Art of Celebration (Celebration of Everything & Anything)
ACCEPTING ENTRIES: Monday, November 11th - Tuesday, December 31st
EXHIBITION: Saturday, February 1st, 2020 - Saturday, April 25th, 2020
Opening Reception: Friday, February 7th, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
** PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE GUIDELINES.
** IF YOUR APPLICATION DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
** The sooner you apply, the better. Spots will be filled as art comes in and is accepted. Please apply properly and follow guidelines.
OPEN CALL FOR ALL MEDIUMS: VISUAL & FUNCTIONAL ART
- Visual & Functional Art
- 2D art & 3D art
- Painting, photography, printmaking, mixed media, fiber, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
- You create it! Fits the theme? Send it in!
HOW TO APPLY:
** PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES TO PROPERLY APPLY **
- Send email application to Lynnie Goodman, Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven
- Email: Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com
- Subject line: Art of Celebration- Artist Name
- Body of the Email: Artwork information
- Attachments: photos of artwork & photo of self
** REFER TO GUIDELINES BELOW FOR PROPER FORMAT **
MAXIMUM SIZE OF ARTWORK & TIME FRAME ARTWORK MUST BE CREATED
- 24" x 30" is the maximum size, outer measurement. (portrait or landscape orientation)
Have a piece that is bigger? Email us!
- Recommend submitting artworks of varying sizes.
- Artwork must be created in 2018-present
- Around $750 or below
- If your artwork exceeds $800, please email me at Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com to discuss.
- 50% goes to the artist / 50% goes to Art For The People
What are the benefits of exhibiting at Art for the People & why we receive 50% when your artwork is sold......
- Your art is beautifully curated in our gallery with an art tag that has detailed information about you and your artwork
- Gallery staff that is educated & knowledgable about art and "how" to sell art!
- Hundreds of eyes on your artwork each week when Art for the People is open regular hours (Tuesday through Sunday) and for private events.
- 24/7 access to your artwork via our online store!!
- Special events created to showcase our current exhibition
HOW MANY PIECES CAN YOU SUBMIT?
- Minimum: 3 pieces / Maximum: 10 pieces
- Submit 2-3 photographs per art piece.
- ** (1st photo - piece hanging on wall with space around it, 2nd photo - side view, Optional 3rd photo - detail shot)
** We ask for your photos because we use them on our website portfolio and for our online store to sell your work.
- Attach all images as an ATTACHMENT to the email (not in the body of the email)
- Refer to instructions below for proper labeling & attaching of photos.
- ** If you cannot attach all photos in one email, send a second email with additional photos and title your email subject line, " Art of Celebration - Artist Name (Part 2) "
IMAGES of Artwork and photo of self:
- Crop & edit each photo before applying.
- Label each Art photo as: 1_First Name_Last Name_Title of piece_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 1a_Hallie Rae_Ward_Firefly_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 1b_Hallie Rae_Ward_Firefly_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 2a_Hallie Rae_Ward_Neon Grasses_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 2b_Hallie Rae_Ward_Neon Grasses_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Photo of Self: It can be a candid shot and casual. We have a digital picture frame that we feature the artists on.
- Photo of Self: Hallie Rae_Ward_Photo of self_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
ARTWORK TAG INFORMATION: (submitted in the body of the email)
- Submit the following artwork information, in this order, in the body of the email. (single space, not bullet pointed)
- Title of artwork
- Artist's Name
- Dimensions (Height x Length) (Include outer measurement / frame)
- Price (50% - artist / 50% - Art For The People)
- Meaning/inspiration of art piece
- GET TO KNOW THE ARTIST (please include minimum of 3 sentences about you! It can be serious or fun/whimsical, you can be wordy!)
- Please coordinate the artwork information and the photo attached with matching numbering.
Example of EMAIL ENTRY
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, please contact:
- Lynnie Goodman (Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven)
WHEN WILL WE LET YOU KNOW IF YOU WERE ACCEPTED OR NOT?
- We will let you know by the latest by Monday, January 6th
- We will send you an acceptance email.
- Artwork drop off: Tuesday, Jan. 21st - Saturday, Jan.25th, 11:00am - 6:00pm.
- Please send email to Lynnie Goodman letting us know when you will be dropping the piece/s off.
- Please have your artwork ready to hang.
- ** wired (with coated wire) or have one bracket. If sculptural or functional, please discuss with Lynnie before you come in.
Let's have some fun!
Facebook event launching soon!