Adventure, Fantasy, & Fun
THEME: Adventure, Fantasy, & Fun
ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS: Wednesday, April 10th - Wednesday, May 15th, 2019
EXHIBITION: Saturday, June 29th - Saturday, October 5th, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, July 12th, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- ** PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO GUIDELINES.
- ** IF YOUR SUBMISSION DOES NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES IT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
- ** The sooner you submit, the better. Spots will be filled as art comes in and is accepted. Please submit properly and follow guidelines.
THEME: Adventure, Fantasy, & Fun
- Visual & Functional Art
- 2D art & 3D art
- Painting, photography, printmaking, mixed media, fiber, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
- You create it! Fits the theme? Send it in!
HOW TO SUBMIT:
** PLEASE READ ALL GUIDELINES TO PROPERLY SUBMIT **
- Send email submission to Lynnie Goodman, Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven
- Email: Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com
- Subject line: Adventure, Fantasy, & Fun - Artist Name
- Body of the Email: Artwork information
- Attachments (or google drive folder link): photos of artwork & photo of self
** REFER TO GUIDELINES BELOW FOR PROPER FORMAT **
MAXIMUM SIZE OF ARTWORK & TIME FRAME ARTWORK MUST BE CREATED?
- 30" x 50" is the maximum size. (portrait or landscape orientation)
- Recommend submitting artworks of varying sizes.
- Artwork must be created in 2017-present
- Around $750.00 or below
- If your artwork exceeds $800.00, please email me at Lynnie@artforthepeoplegallery.com to discuss.
- 50% goes to the artist / 50% goes to Art For The People
What are the benefits of exhibiting at Art for the People & why we receive 50% when your artwork is sold......
- Your art is beautifully curated in our gallery with an art tag that has detailed information about you and your artwork
- Gallery staff that is educated & knowledgable about art and "how" to sell art!
- Hundreds of eyes on your artwork each week when Art for the People is open regular hours (Weds thru Sun (12N-6pm) and for private events.
- 24/7 access to your artwork via our online store!!
- Special events created to showcase our current exhibition
HOW MANY PIECES CAN YOU SUBMIT?
- Minimum: 3 pieces / Maximum: 10 pieces
- Submit 2-3 photographs per art piece. (1st photo - piece hanging on wall with space, 2nd photo - side view, Optional 3rd photo - detail shot)
- Attach all images as an ATTACHMENT to the email (not in the body of the email)
- Refer to instructions below for proper labeling & attaching of photos.
- ** If you cannot attach all photos, upload photos to a google drive folder and share the link in the email submission **
IMAGES of Artwork and photo of self:
- Crop & edit each photo before submitting.
- Label each Art photo as: 1_First Name_Last Name_Title of piece_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 1_Hallie Rae_Ward_Firefly_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Example: 2_Hallie Rae_Ward_Neon Grasses_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
- Photo of Self: It can be a candid shot and casual. We have a digital picture frame that we feature the artists on.
- Photo of Self: Hallie Rae_Ward_Photo of self_Austin Art_Austin Artist_Austin Gifts
ARTWORK TAG INFORMATION: (submitted in the body of the email)
- Submit the following artwork information, in this order, in the body of the email. (single space, not bullet pointed)
- Title of artwork
- Artist's Name
- Price (50% - artist / 50% - Art For The People)
- Meaning/inspiration of art piece
- GET TO KNOW THE ARTIST (please include minimum of 3 sentences about you! It can be serious or fun/whimsical, you can be wordy!)
- Please coordinate the artwork information and the photo attached with matching numbering.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, please contact:
- Lynnie Goodman (Creative Director & Artisan Market Maven)
WHEN WILL WE LET YOU KNOW IF YOU WERE ACCEPTED OR NOT?
- We will let you know by the latest by Wednesday, May 22nd.
- We will send you an acceptance email.
- Artwork drop off: Wednesday, June 19th - Saturday, June 22nd, 12:00-6:00pm
- Please send email to Lynnie Goodman letting us know when you will be dropping the piece/s off.
- Please have your artwork wired (with coated wire) or have one bracket. If sculptural or functional, please discuss with Lynnie before you come in.